perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] LIVA X boot without monitor with Ubuntu Desktop OS installed

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] LIVA X boot without monitor with Ubuntu Desktop OS installed

  • From: Hyojoon Kim <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] LIVA X boot without monitor with Ubuntu Desktop OS installed
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 19:55:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Some update on this.

I contacted ECS support (USA), the manufacturer of LIVA X box, asking if there is a known & working solution to make headless booting work. The answer was this:
"Unfortunately, there are no other work arounds know for this issue.”

So, following the suggestion from folks on this mailing list, I tried this dummy HDMI display emulator.

It works. $15 in Amazon, if anyone is interested. Custom-making a dummy VGA plug with resistors seems to be one way too (which I didn’t try).

Thanks,
Joon