perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] LIVA X boot without monitor with Ubuntu Desktop OS installed

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] LIVA X boot without monitor with Ubuntu Desktop OS installed

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: Hyojoon Kim <>
  • Cc: "" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] LIVA X boot without monitor with Ubuntu Desktop OS installed
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 14:36:30 -0500

Joon,

I just checked with the person who set up that Liva (and several others) and he said he didn't have to do anything in particular as far as booting goes. But, he has had mixed experiences where some will boot headlessly, while others won't. Seems a bit mysterious.
He did say that sometimes hooking a keyboard/monitor up, then booting, and
then trying again, it may start working. So, you could try a few more times
and see that gets you anywhere. We're definitely seeing mixed results on this
issue.

- Michael