perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] changing name+IP of perfsonar box (bw or lat)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] changing name+IP of perfsonar box (bw or lat)

  • From: Winnie Lacesso <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] changing name+IP of perfsonar box (bw or lat)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 14:21:29 +0000 (GMT)

Happy Friday!

Our current perfsonar boxen are 32-bit because that's what was avail at
the time. We now may have a couple 64-bit boxen. A thought is to leave the
existing 32-bit boxen running while the 64-bit pair are installed as bw &
lat, then shutdown the 32-bit guys & change name+IPs of the 64-bit ones to
those registered in the GOC-DB for our site.

It's known that the boxname has to go into file

/opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/etc/agent_configuration.conf

Altho whether the perfsonar install puts it there or a human has to, I
forget. Other than that location, if perfsonar is installed on a machine
with one name+IP which then changes to another name+IP, is perfsonar going
to have squirrelled away that first name+IP in any places, making this
switcheroo problematic?

Winnie Lacesso / Bristol University Particle Physics Computing Systems
HH Wills Physics Laboratory, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TL, UK