perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] changing name+IP of perfsonar box (bw or lat)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] changing name+IP of perfsonar box (bw or lat)

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: , "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] changing name+IP of perfsonar box (bw or lat)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:45:10 -0500

Hi Winnie,

It is not strictly required that you add it to /opt/perfsonar_ps/mesh_config/etc/agent_configuration.conf actually, but you can add it there to make sure the software detects the right addresses. If it is added, it is done manually so you will need to update it manually. If not specified, the MeshConfig software should automatically pick-up the changes.

Other than that the address should not need to be updated anywhere else. It will be located in /opt/perfsonar_ps/regular_testing/regular_testing.conf, but when the MeshConfig software re-runs it will automatically remove those references.

Hope that helps,
Andy