perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Email alerts for perfSONAR / MaDDash

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Email alerts for perfSONAR / MaDDash

  • From: Roderick Mooi <>
  • To: Jason Zurawski <>, Andrew Lake <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Email alerts for perfSONAR / MaDDash
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:23:48 +0200

Hi Jason, Andy

We would very much like the ability to have emails sent to us for the various
MaDDash thresholds. Our current plan is doing some kind of Nagios
integration. I’ve found some information on this here:
https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/NagiosDevelopment
and
https://github.com/perfsonar/nagios

While looking around though, I came across the 3.5 roadmap and also
https://code.google.com/p/perfsonar-ps/wiki/LargeScaleDeploymentFeatures#Notifications_/_Alarms

which is exactly what we’re looking for :)

So my questions:
While we are eagerly waiting for this (in 3.5 hopefully), should we follow
the first two links and effectively get our Nagios system to generate the
email alerts based on what it reads from our central MA? Is this the best
approach and are there any snags we should know about?

Thanks very much,

Roderick
--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.

MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.