perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] RE: BWCTL limits by tool

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] RE: BWCTL limits by tool

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan (RRZE)" <>
  • To: Murilo Vetter <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] RE: BWCTL limits by tool
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 09:51:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, de-DE, en-US

Hey Murilo,

I am unsure why you are looking for this option in the bwctl.limits file. I believe it would be more appropriate to have this configuration option in the bwctld.conf. Anyway I believe it is not possible to separate the tests on different interfaces. I can’t see the connection between your inquiry and the issue you quote below. There is an another open issue https://github.com/perfsonar/bwctl/issues/12 which is being considered and is somewhat more related to your inquiry.

Could you still please explain the reasoning behind your interest? To me it seems very important to know what exactly is the route/path for the throughput test. The interference of traceroute probes is so much low to the throughput measurement, that I am wondering what would be the gain from this?

Best regards,

Ivan