perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] owamp/owping problem mac osx yosemite

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] owamp/owping problem mac osx yosemite

  • From: Allan Eising <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] owamp/owping problem mac osx yosemite
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:24:10 +0100

Hello list,

I hope you can help me with this problem that has appeared after I upgraded my
machine to mac OSX Yosemite.

I'm running Owamp 3.3, and tests just stall. I receive this output, that may
point to the error:

owping: FILE=time.c, LINE=124, NTP syscalls unavail: Status UNSYNC (clock
offset issues likely)
owping: FILE=endpoint.c, LINE=2198, setitimer(wake=6,1582366)
seq=140733193388032: Invalid argument
Approximately 12.9 seconds until results available
owping: FILE=endpoint.c, LINE=1527, run_sender: Exiting from signal
owping: FILE=api.c, LINE=671, I2Readn(skiprecfd): Interrupted system call

My guess would be the setitimer call that returns EINVAL is to blame.
Now I'm no C programmer, so if any of you can help me fix this, I would be
grateful.

Best regards,

Allan