perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] "Unable to retrieve" error during toolkit 3.3.2 install before IP is configured

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] "Unable to retrieve" error during toolkit 3.3.2 install before IP is configured

  • From: Jeremy Palmer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] "Unable to retrieve" error during toolkit 3.3.2 install before IP is configured
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 14:05:41 -0600

I'm trying to install a new toolkit node using the following image:
pS-Performance_Toolkit-3.3.2-NetInstall-x86_64.iso

However, I get the following message just a couple of mins into the
netinstall:

Unable to retrieve http://linux.mirrors.es.net/centos/6/os/x86_64/images/install.img.

I took a screenshot of the error::
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1810709/Photos/psinstallerror.jpg

The strange thing is I am never prompted to configure any IP settings before I get this error.

The install goes like this:

- It asks what interface I want to install from, I choose eth0
- I get a message something like "Waiting for network manager to configure
eth0"
- A short time later I get the above error.

I thought I might have a bad disc or image, so I re-downloaded the ISO and burned to a new CD. However I still get the exact same error during install.

Any idea what might cause the netinstall to throw this error before it even allows me to configure any IP settings?

Thanks!

--
Jeremy Palmer
Senior Network Engineer