perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.2

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.2

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.2
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 19:32:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

We have the first release candidate for a new minor release of bwctl.

This is mainly a cleanup release that fixes some issues that folks
encountered. Some of the bigger changes include:

- Fix some bugs preventing owamp tests from running in parallel
- Error out earlier when a test is being used with parameters that aren't
valid for the test
- Uses the dynamic library version of iperf3
- Allow nuttcp to be used in '--reverse' mode
- Allow setting TOS bits for ping/traceroute tests
- Allow endpoint-less mode for iperf, iperf3 and owamp tests
- Support --schedule mode that allows you to define a specific regular test
schedule (e.g. --schedule 11:30,12:45) instead of the normal intervals

This is a beta-test version, and is not recommended for general use yet.
However, we're hoping that, with some testing in the community, this can be
improved quickly and a production release can happen relatively soon. We're
especially interested in feedback on how easy it is to use the various new
tools, and features.

Tarball:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64/bwctl-1.5.2-rc1.tar.gz

RH6/x86:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64/bwctl-client-1.5.2-4.el6.i386.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64/bwctl-server-1.5.2-4.el6.i386.rpm

RH6/x86-64:
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64/bwctl-client-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64.rpm
http://ndb1.internet2.edu/~aaron/bwctl-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64/bwctl-server-1.5.2-4.el6.x86_64.rpm

The RPMs now depend on iperf3 which is available in the repository. If you
want to grab the iperf3 RPMs directly, you can grab them from:

RH6/x86:
http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/el6/i386/RPMS.main/iperf3-3.0.3-2.el6.i686.rpm

RH6/x86-64:
http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/el6/x86_64/RPMS.main/iperf3-3.0.3-2.el6.x86_64.rpm

Cheers,
Aaron

  • [perfsonar-user] Release Candidate for bwctl 1.5.2, Aaron Brown, 05/07/2014