perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] "Unable to retrieve" error during toolkit 3.3.2 install before IP is configured

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] "Unable to retrieve" error during toolkit 3.3.2 install before IP is configured

  • From: Jeremy Palmer <>
  • To: Carl Hayter <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] "Unable to retrieve" error during toolkit 3.3.2 install before IP is configured
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 15:04:17 -0600

I did verify there was a rogue DHCP server on this network which is handing out invalid IPs per the below logs. I guess Network Manager never bothers to ask for IP information if it receives an IP via DHCP during netinstall.

May 7 14:50:25 localhost dhclient[1497]: DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 (xid=0x7442ba23)
May 7 14:50:25 localhost dhclient[1497]: DHCPACK from 10.33.50.49
(xid=0x7442ba23)
May 7 14:50:26 localhost dhclient[1497]: bound to 10.255.255.242 -- renewal in 117 seconds.

Thanks for the quick response!

Jeremy Palmer
Senior Network Engineer
ViaWest, Inc.