perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR on multiple vlan interfaces per host

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR on multiple vlan interfaces per host

  • From: Ben Nelson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] PerfSONAR on multiple vlan interfaces per host
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 17:10:58 -0500

Hi all,

We're looking to setup a perfsonar mesh across multiple vlan interfaces
on a single host. Our network is setup such that we have multiple vlans
coming in to a single interface, which get transported across different
circuits when going out of our switch. Is a setup like this possible?

I've tried adding multiple HOST fields with the same hostname, but
bwmaster only seems to pick up a single interface (typically the last in
the owmesh). Trying to use an interface IP in the HOST field results in
the bwmaster not seeing any tests to perform on the host. I've also
tried adding multiple NODE fields to a single hostname, which is how
I've been defining each interface, but a similar issue happens where
only the last NODE definition gets picked up by bwmaster.

Can anyone verify if the HOST field does a DNS lookup to resolve to the
local machine, or does it match simply 'uname -a'?

I have originally set it up such that each vlan (2 endpoints) is an
individual mesh, as it is easier to generate our configuration in this
manner. If there is a better way to do this, or a way in which this
will actually work, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Nelson, Systems Engineer