perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] migrating to new box?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] migrating to new box?

  • From: Jim Warner <>
  • To: Joseph Bernard <>
  • Cc: " Users" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] migrating to new box?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:19:02 -0700

I don't see an answer to this yet.

I asked a similar question and was advised to back up the database:

Hi Jim,

I am still not sure why your hosts  were not picking-up the data. In the last email It looked like perhaps the old data was on disk, it just wasn't getting read. In the meantime, a safe option for those users doing the LiveCD 3.2.2 -> 3.3 transition would be to run NetInstall backup script detailed on the upgrade page under the NetInstall section. It will work with the LiveCD and and give a fallback option to restore the data if things go south. I added notes about this directly to the upgrade wiki a few minutes ago so it will be there for future upgraders.