perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] migrating to new box?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] migrating to new box?

  • From: Joseph Bernard <>
  • To: " Users" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] migrating to new box?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:11:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I have a new box and want to transfer all the data to so it appears just like
the current box. Would the steps just be to do the NetInstall, yum update it
to make them match, and then copy over /opt/ and /etc/? Or would cloning the
drive work? I know with Microsoft Windows, booting a hard drive on new
hardware usually is a terrible mess. I haven't tried it with CentOS.

If someone has done this and has some pointers, I'd appreciate anything you
can share.

Thanks,
Joseph B.