perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Help with inconsistent bwctl measurements

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Help with inconsistent bwctl measurements

  • From: "Wefel, Paul" <>
  • To: Roderick Mooi <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Help with inconsistent bwctl measurements
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:26:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Couple ideas

Run owamp between these two hosts looking for packet loss in only one
direction.
Check the switch interface that Dst is connected to looking for queue
drops and pause frames being sent.

I have also seen strange issues with some NICS when offloading is enabled
on them.

good luck, let us know what you find.

-paul
NCSA @ UIUC