perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Global Lookup Service configuration on a private internet?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Global Lookup Service configuration on a private internet?

  • From: "Nickless, Bill" <>
  • To: 'Andy Lake' <>
  • Cc: "''" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Global Lookup Service configuration on a private internet?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 15:11:47 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi Andy,

I have the toolkit installed on computers within a walled garden / private
internet. They can't reach the public Internet (and probably never will), so
they cannot register with the existing gLS.

This wouldn't be a problem, except that scheduled bandwidth tests won't run
between these walled garden / private internet toolkit instances. I'm not
sure, but I'm afraid the scheduled bandwidth tests won't run until these
walled garden / private toolkit instances are registered with a gLS.

Evidently I'm actually asking three questions--

1. Do I need a gLS to run scheduled bandwidth tests within a walled garden /
private internet?

2. If so, how can I establish a gLS within my walled garden / private
internet?

3. Alternatively, will the problem in #1 go away with the new lookup service?

Sorry for the confusion!

Bill Nickless