perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Global Lookup Service configuration on a private internet?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Global Lookup Service configuration on a private internet?

  • From: Andy Lake <>
  • To: "Nickless, Bill" <>
  • Cc: "''" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Global Lookup Service configuration on a private internet?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 16:26:10 -0500

Hi Bill,

The standard toolkit currently comes equipped with a home lookup service
(hLS) but not a gLS which is a slightly different configuration. I'm also not
entirely sure it would solve your problem anyways. To backup, what are you
trying to accomplish? Do you have a toolkit installed and just want to get
your services registered somewhere that's publicly accessible to others that
want to test to you? or do you have something else in mind? It's also worth
noting we are just a couple weeks away from rolling out an early version of a
complete replacement for the lookup service, so I'd hate for you to do too
much work to get things setup as the currently stand.

On Jan 2, 2013, at 3:04 PM, "Nickless, Bill"