perfsonar-user - BWCTL MP installation questions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

BWCTL MP installation questions

  • From: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • Subject: BWCTL MP installation questions
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:09:33 +0200
  • Accept-language: de-DE
  • Acceptlanguage: de-DE

Dear all,

I am just installing perfSONAR MDM 3.2 on openSUSE 11.1.

I have installed bwctl (version 1.3, I know I should install 1.2a instead).

Which package do I have to install with rpm for the Web admin Interface?

On page http://downloads.perfsonar.eu/bundles/perfsonar-bundle-3.2/rpm/
There are:

oppd-0.51-MDM_3.1.noarch.rpm
oppd-WebAdmin-0.2-MDM_3.1.noarch.rpm
oppd-mp-bwctl-0.51-MDM_3.1.noarch.rpm

All those seem to be related t0 MDM 3.1 and I do not understand why they are
listed in the perfsonar-bundle-3.2 list.

Furthermore I can find:

perfsonar-oppd-0.51-2.noarch.rpm
perfsonar-oppd-mp-bwctl-0.51-1.noarch.rpm

Just confusing. I tried to install the last one, but do not know where to
find the Web Admin interface files, which should be link to my Apache html
directory. Of course with openSUSE 11.1 they are at another location, but
Would be interesting to know, what the namesof those "Web Admin files" look
like, so that I can search for them within my file system and place them
into the correct location.

Best regards

Ralph

Ralph Niederberger
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation

Phone: +49 2461 61-4772
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656
E-Mail:

WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt