perfsonar-user - AW: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP installation questions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

AW: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP installation questions

  • From: "Niederberger, Ralph" <>
  • To: Antoine Delvaux <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: AW: [perfsonar-user] BWCTL MP installation questions
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:17:13 +0200
  • Accept-language: de-DE
  • Acceptlanguage: de-DE

Dear Antoine,

The main new feature of MDM 3.2. is
(see: https://wiki.man.poznan.pl/perfsonar-mdm/index.php/PerfSONAR_v3.2):

===========
What's New
The perfSONAR MDM 3.2 introduces the following main features:

- BWCTL MP can now send available throughput measurement results into SQL MA

- SQL MA can now accept, store and publish available throughput measurements

from BWCTL MP
- Naming of distribution packages is consistent and conforms to operating
systems policies
For more information, check the release notes for the change logs
===========

Bullet 1 is nearly the same as bullet 2.
Bullet 1 says BWCTL can send the date and bullet 2 says SQL MA can accept
this data.
Bullet 3 is fine, but does not really add anything.

So what you say is the following?

"Unfortunately the additional function, described in bullets 1 and 2, is not
available yet in MDM 3.2."

Is this right?

Furthermore it seems that "Command Line MP" has been dropped in MDM 3.2?
So OWAMP is not possible anymore?

Best regards

Ralph

Ralph Niederberger
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation

Phone: +49 2461 61-4772
Fax: +49 2461 61-6656
E-Mail:

WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

JSC is the coordinator of the
John von Neumann Institute for Computing
and member of the
Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt