perfsonar-user - a way to deploy an weather map on local server

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

a way to deploy an weather map on local server

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: a way to deploy an weather map on local server
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:46:47 -0400 (EDT)

hi :)

we are going to deploy an weather map service on our server.

so i searched for some stuffs that any description of "WEATHER MAP", and i
found that the CNM is one way to display current status of network, and
"Hades Visualisation Tool" supports "weathermap" or something.

We want to display the MA(Measurement Archive)'s data through the WWW. And we
thought that the weathermap is something that what we want.(Actually i don't
know much about weathermap)..

but problem is, the search result, CNM and Hades, were not suitable on our
requirements.

Especially "Hades" is a "Web Service" that we can't set up on our servers.
and a CNM is also not suitable because CNM is GUI application like perfsonar
UI(we do not want application. we want web service)

while installing PerfSONAR MDM 3.1's all services on my server, i found each
services are running independently and provides an XML interface. If we can
know about these XML communication specification, we can develop weathermap
service or something ourself.

SO
what i want to know is, "how to display the ma's data to web page?"

the CNM and Hades is what i found methods, but both of it do not matches to
our requirements.

then if somewhere the each MA's XML interface spec document is exist, we can
solve this problem ourself.

i'll be very grateful to your any answers.

thank you :)

  • a way to deploy an weather map on local server, taeels1, 08/24/2009