perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Generating monitoring data

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Generating monitoring data

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Ralph Niederberger <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Generating monitoring data
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:27:22 +0200

Dear Ralph,

Piotr has already answered to most of your questions. Let me only refer to the last suggestion.

Ralph Niederberger pisze:
Dear Piotr,

first of all many thanks for your response.
But that is what I am critizising with perfSONAR. Noone tells you where to find the documents and descriptions.
At least not at the "official GEANT2 MDM perfsonar documentation page".
[...]
Would have been fine, if all those info would be available via the official web page. http://www.perfsonar.net (if this is the official one) (;-)

We have a couple of perfSONAR related sites including the one you mention above. Wiki which Piotr mentions is more for current work and developers usage but on the other hand it contains a lot of useful information which we didn't doubled in www.perfsonar.net.

We are aware of the difficulties in finding information and at least GN3 project will aim at providing dedicated information portals for perfSONAR users as well as we will work on improving information structure.

You are right it may be difficult to find some information but this is why perfsonar-user@ exists and we are here to help you and point to appropriate resources.

Best regards,
--
Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Netw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. +48 618582022 ::: http://noc.man.poznan.pl