perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: Questions about Internet 2

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: Questions about Internet 2

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Yuri Marcell <>
  • Cc: perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: Questions about Internet 2
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:59:27 +0200

Hi Yuri,

Let me provide you some information from GEANT side.

Jason Zurawski pisze:
[...]
1) Where are installed your main MP´s? Just in USA or also in Europe(if yes, what countries)?

perfSONAR services are installed at our 9 PoPs in the US. Other project partners (ESnet, Geant, RNP) have installations on their networks but I will allow others who know better to answer the question as to exactly where they are located.

Currently GEANT is running perfSONAR MDM services pilot with 5 PoPs in NRENs + GEANT. In addition some NRENs run perfSONAR on their own. We are also currently deploying perfSONAR service for LHCOPN community in 12 sites.

[...]
3) Do you use in each MP, BWCTL, BWCTL MP and OWAMP together?

Internet2 uses perfSONAR-BUOY wich acts like an MA and MP for the BWCTL and OWAMP tools. It does not function exactly the same as the BWCTL MP (it does not allow live requests for measurements).

With regard to BWCTL MP to work properly you need to install in addition to the perfSONAR product in each site BWCTL and iperf tools used by BWCTL MP. BWCTL MP in it's current stage will allow you to request on-demand measurements and store them in SQL MA.

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Netw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. +48 618582022 ::: http://noc.man.poznan.pl