perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] FAS-MA and FS-MP

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] FAS-MA and FS-MP

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: Ralph Niederberger <>
  • Cc: , DEISANOC <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] FAS-MA and FS-MP
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:29:25 +0200

Dear Ralph,

Ralph Niederberger pisze:
Dear all,

I am just reading through the "Administrator's Guide: perfSONAR MDM 3.1"
Manual Version 1.5 from May 2009 and found at page 5 "FAS-MA" and "FS-MP"
as perfSONAR MDM services. These are not mentioned in the document anymore.

Could someone give me a hint, what is meant with these services. They are also
not mentioned in the table on page 3.

Well spotted!
These are:
- FAS MA (in fact should be FSA MA): Flow Selection and Aggregation MA
- FS MP : Flow Subscription MP
These two shouldn't appear in this table in fact.

Have those services been skipped?

They have been developed during GN2 project but not fully released. Currently all perfSONAR components developed in GN2 project are reviewed and decision will be taken about future development and support.

Best regards,
--
Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Netw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. +48 618582022 ::: http://noc.man.poznan.pl