perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA config

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA config

  • From: Szymon Trocha <>
  • To: perfSONAR users list <>
  • Cc: Renato Yamazaki <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] RRD-MA config
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:38:08 +0200

Hi,

Renato Yamazaki pisze:
Hello Szymon,

I'm trying to store some data related to the eth0 interface in my machine
with the rrd format.

Do you already have existing rrd files on the server which contain utilisation data from eth0 (and are populated e.g. by MRTG)? Then you may expose this data via RRD MA.
Or you want to use RRD MA store functionality (see below)?

I didn't understand the part of sending MeasurementArchiveStoreRequest
to it, could you explain in more details?

Sure.

RRD MA is web service which provides two main functions:
- Publishing measurement data: The web service uses existing RRD files and provides an interface for users who want to browse such measurement data in a standardised manner
- Accepting and writing measurement data: some other services can make use RRD MA write functionality (in details they send this MeasurementArchiveStoreRequest message to RRD MA) to store measurement results in the RRD MA web service. Once stored, those results are available through the RRD MA publishing functionality.

Szymon Trocha

Poznan Supercomputing & Netw. Center ::: NETWORK OPERATION CENTER
Tel. +48 618582022 ::: http://noc.man.poznan.pl