perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Database connection to the LookupService is not established

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Database connection to the LookupService is not established

  • From: Loukik Kudarimoti <>
  • To: Tijmen van den Brink <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Database connection to the LookupService is not established
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:31:24 +0100

On 8 Jun 2007, at 13:11, Tijmen van den Brink wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm a student of the University of Amsterdam and doing a study on the possible use of perfSONAR in the GLIF infrastructure. I installed the LookupService with the use of the perl install script. It looked like everything went smoothly. However when I did a test-echo it gave me the following error:

LS EchoRequest (Test DB Connection) error: Database connection to the LookupService is not established. Nested exception is : XQuery by HTTP failed. Could not connect to eXist via pure http, nested exception was: class java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused

I checked the credentials of the user but they seem to be right. Can somebody help me?
Hi Tijmen,

We need some information from you to help. Here is how to find it

1. Find service.properties file ( perfsonar-bundle-2.0/webapps/XML- LS-1.1.1/WEB-INF/classes/conf/perfsonar/)

2. Mail us this service.properties file (you can remove username and password entries before mailing it to us)

Its very likely that the xml db url that you provided was incorrect. We should be able to correct it easily after having a look at the service.properties file.

Loukik.

Best regards,

Tijmen

This is the complete output:

tijmen@perfsonar:~/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/ant$ ant -f build-xmlls.xml test-echo
Buildfile: build-xmlls.xml
Overriding previous definition of reference to classpath

copy-config-files-for-test:

test-echo:
[java] Test: LS TESTING: [query] in [RequestHandler]
[java] Test: XML File = file:///home/tijmen/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/ XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/schema/example-instances/perfSONAR/LS/test/ EchoRequest.xml
[java] AuxiliaryComponentManager.initManager: Read config file name as: /home/tijmen/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/ build/perfsonar/conf/components.properties
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [config] = org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.configuration.properties.Pr opertiesConfigurationComponent
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [config]
[java] PropertiesConfigurationComponent.initComponent:Read the file name as: /home/tijmen/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/ perfsonar/build/perfsonar/conf/service.properties
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [logger] = org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.logger.log4j.Log4jLoggerCom ponent
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [logger]
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [ls_scheduler] = org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.simplescheduler.Scheduler
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [ls_scheduler]
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [ls_cleanup_loader] = org.perfsonar.service.lookupService.xmlType.LSCleanupLoader
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [ls_cleanup_loader]
[java] [D] authorization Basic manager:myPasswordButThatJust4Me
[java] Output [683b]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
[java] <nmwg:message id="msg1_resp" messageIdRef="msg1" type="EchoResponse">
[java] <nmwg:metadata id="resultCodeMetadata">
[java] <nmwg:eventType>error.common.storage.xmldb.open</ nmwg:eventType>
[java] </nmwg:metadata>
[java] <nmwg:data id="resultDescriptionData_for_resultCodeMetadata" metadataIdRef="resultCodeMetadata">
[java] <nmwgr:datum>LS EchoRequest (Test DB Connection) error: Database connection to the LookupService is not established. Nested exception is : XQuery by HTTP failed. Could not connect to eXist via pure http, nested exception was: class java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused</nmwgr:datum>
[java] </nmwg:data>
[java] </nmwg:message>

[java] [D] authorization Basic manager:myPasswordButThatJust4Me