perfsonar-user - Database connection to the LookupService is not established

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Database connection to the LookupService is not established

  • From: Tijmen van den Brink <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Database connection to the LookupService is not established
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:11:04 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm a student of the University of Amsterdam and doing a study on the possible use of perfSONAR in the GLIF infrastructure. I installed the LookupService with the use of the perl install script. It looked like everything went smoothly. However when I did a test-echo it gave me the following error:

LS EchoRequest (Test DB Connection) error: Database connection to the LookupService is not established. Nested exception is : XQuery by HTTP failed. Could not connect to eXist via pure http, nested exception was: class java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused

I checked the credentials of the user but they seem to be right. Can somebody help me?

Best regards,

Tijmen

This is the complete output:

tijmen@perfsonar:~/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/ant$ ant -f build-xmlls.xml test-echo
Buildfile: build-xmlls.xml
Overriding previous definition of reference to classpath

copy-config-files-for-test:

test-echo:
[java] Test: LS TESTING: [query] in [RequestHandler]
[java] Test: XML File = file:///home/tijmen/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/schema/example-instances/perfSONAR/LS/test/EchoRequest.xml
[java] AuxiliaryComponentManager.initManager: Read config file name as: /home/tijmen/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/build/perfsonar/conf/components.properties
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [config] = org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.configuration.properties.PropertiesConfigurationComponent
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [config]
[java] PropertiesConfigurationComponent.initComponent:Read the file name as: /home/tijmen/perfsonar-bundle-2.0/XML-LS-1.1.1/perfsonar/build/perfsonar/conf/service.properties
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [logger] = org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.logger.log4j.Log4jLoggerComponent
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [logger]
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [ls_scheduler] = org.perfsonar.commons.auxiliary.components.simplescheduler.Scheduler
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [ls_scheduler]
[java] AUX ComponentManager create [ls_cleanup_loader] = org.perfsonar.service.lookupService.xmlType.LSCleanupLoader
[java] AUX ComponentManager: init [ls_cleanup_loader]
[java] [D] authorization Basic manager:myPasswordButThatJust4Me
[java] Output [683b]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
[java] <nmwg:message id="msg1_resp" messageIdRef="msg1" type="EchoResponse">
[java] <nmwg:metadata id="resultCodeMetadata">
[java] <nmwg:eventType>error.common.storage.xmldb.open</nmwg:eventType>
[java] </nmwg:metadata>
[java] <nmwg:data id="resultDescriptionData_for_resultCodeMetadata" metadataIdRef="resultCodeMetadata">
[java] <nmwgr:datum>LS EchoRequest (Test DB Connection) error: Database connection to the LookupService is not established. Nested exception is : XQuery by HTTP failed. Could not connect to eXist via pure http, nested exception was: class java.net.ConnectException : Connection refused</nmwgr:datum>
[java] </nmwg:data>
[java] </nmwg:message>

[java] [D] authorization Basic manager:myPasswordButThatJust4Me