perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SSH/Telnet MP configuration step

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SSH/Telnet MP configuration step

  • From: Frederic LOUI <>
  • To: Stijn Melis <>
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SSH/Telnet MP configuration step
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:29:27 +0200

Stijn Melis a écrit :
Stijn,

This is a basic SSH login/password. Key based authentication has not been activated.
(Otherwise, I would have set-up my identity file ...)
In addition I just want to remind that no SSH connection is spawned from the NMS that is proxying the equipment. (Where the M is installed)

Also, I suspect that the PerfSONAR-2.0 RC1 bundle installer is not yet ready and still presents issue.
By the way, do you think that this is an issue that our admin decided install JAVA6 for the MP ?

Thank agin for your valuable support
Bgrds/Frederic

Hi Frederic,

We tried SSH login/password here as well, and for a moment we had the same problem. We figured that the router we were trying to contact was behind a firewall, so would you please make sure the device is not behind a firewall. You can check this by logging in to the machine where you installed the MP, and then run the "ssh <IP of the device>" command in a shell.

Also make sure that the device is contacted using port 22 for SSH (we noticed that if you choose SSH as the desired access method, port 22 is standard in the MP, even if you enter something else during configuration -- we might have to change this in the future).

I'll try JAVA6 compability once I know the device isn't behind a firewall, and that the device is indeed contacted using port 22.

Regards,

Stijn
Stijn,

Sorry for the late reply ...
Here attached this mail the screenshot :

I'm 100% sure that there is no FIREWALL between the equipment/no NAT etc.
And SSH port is the default one. That is to say: 22.

Bgrds/Fred

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Service de Suivi Operationnel / Metrologie & QoS
Network Operations Service / Metrology & QoS

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 40 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31
http://www.renater.fr