perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SSH/Telnet MP configuration step

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SSH/Telnet MP configuration step

  • From: Frederic LOUI <>
  • To: Stijn Melis <>
  • Cc: , ,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Re: [GN2-JRA1] SSH/Telnet MP configuration step
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:04:03 +0200

Stijn Melis a écrit :
Frederic LOUI wrote:
Hello Stijn,

I tried yesterday night to connect the TELNET/SSH MP from home and I confim:

* That I can connect the MP from my home PC. (I added the MP manually using the Configuration button)
and it automatically appeared in the available drop-down list in addition to the "chaos" MP.
When I chose the RENATER MP, it automatically retrieved the only one equipment I registered.
Then I click on "Add..." button so as to add the equipment to the query list.
I select the equipment and finally click on the "query" button.
==> It is at this moment that the problem occur. (Time-out in retrieving the show ip bgp summary result command)

* In addition, I confirm that the webstart version worked with JAVA 1.5 but not "launchable" by default with JAVA 1.6 update1
(Mainly due to a message claiming that an unsigned JNLP try to access unmlimited resource on the machine on which the JNLP is executed)

* Could you please try from your premises in order to confirm that ?
* If OK we can try to locate where the issue lies ... :-)

Many thanks in advance
Bgrds/Frederic

Hi Frederic,

I still can't connect to your MP using the Looking Glass. I tried to ping the 195.98.238.194 machine on my desktop computer, and I only get time-outs. The same is true for the machine on which the Java Web Start version of the Looking Glass is running. I find it odd that I have no problems connecting to the MP if I paste the URL you gave me in my browser.

Really strange... I manage to connect from HOME as soon as I removed JAVA6 and re-installed JAVA5update11 ...
At least you should have 1 equipment in the drop-down list and when choosing this equipment
you should only get 1 possible command without no-parameter which is "show ip bgp summary"
I'd like you to run the ant test command on your MP, and let me know what the output is. It would be helpful to send me the temp directory as well.
Please find here attached to this mail the result of the JAVA5 console window and *.tar.gz file of the temp directory...

If you could send me the Looking Glass output in the Java Console (change the JAVA settings so you always get a java console) as well, that would also be helpful.

As for the Web Start Looking Glass using JAVA 1.6, I'll look into that later today.
I could be great, because I tried to find colleagues that have JAVA 1.5 installed on their PC
and it happens that they have only JAVA6 installed.

Regards,
Thanks a lot for your unweavering support ! ;-)

Stijn
Let me know if you need additional test from my side.
Bgrds/Fred

PS: I don't know if there is an incidence but our administrator decided to install JAVA6 on the host running TELNET/SSH MP.
Could you please confirm me that it should be OK ? Or should I have to ask him to installed also JAVA5 ?

--
Frederic LOUI / GIP RENATER

Service de Suivi Operationnel / Metrologie & QoS
Network Operations Service / Metrology & QoS

Tel: +33 1 53 94 20 40 / Fax: +33 1 53 94 20 31
http://www.renater.fr