performingarts - RE: ConferenceXP update

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

RE: ConferenceXP update

  • From: "Feghali, Jose" <>
  • To: "Michael C. Wellings" <>
  • Cc: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: ConferenceXP update
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:40:53 -0500

I should correct something I wrote before about ConferenceXP, which was in
error. As it is now, ConfXP is *not* capable of real HDV conferencing. What I
thought was HDV was actually "normal" DV at 16:9 resolution. When setting an
HDV camera to output HDV through the firewire connection, CXP does not
recognize it.

As Mike noted here before, HDV adds at least another 500 ms of latency and is
probably not a good medium for real-time conferencing in any case.

The latest CXP code at Codeplex includes the fix I found for the uncompressed
audio problem, and an audio buffer setting window that helps to sync the
audio with the video.

JF