performingarts - ConferenceXP update

Subject: Performing Arts Advisory

ConferenceXP update

  • From: "Feghali, Jose" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: ConferenceXP update
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:28:19 -0600

Colleagues,

We have know successfully tested ConferenceXP with uncompressed stereo audio (16/44.1 and 16/48) using both compressed and uncompressed video. The latency with all uncompressed appears to be lower than DVTS, but there is some question as to the video quality. One of the testing sites reported the video being slightly less sharp with ConfXP using an HDV camera. It appears that an optimum bandwidth with compressed video/uncompressed audio is in the order of around 2.5 to 3.5 Mbps, but we have gotten good results down to around 2 Mbps.

If there are any other performing arts institutions or others that would like to test ConfXP in full uncompressed audio with or without compressed video, please get in touch with me off-list at (j DOT Feghali AT tcu DOT edu).

If anyone here knows of any other conferencing solution currently available that allows for full, 44.1/48 KHz uncompressed audio to be paired with compressed video I would appreciate the input.

José Feghali

Artist-in-Residence

Coordinator of Internet Technologies

TCU School of Music