ntacpeering - Re: Viability of a P&R FTW

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Re: Viability of a P&R FTW

  • From: Steven Wallace <>
  • To: Rob Vietzke <>
  • Cc: "Spears, Christopher M." <>, Matt Zekauskas <>, Michael H Lambert <>, "" <>, Ryan Nobrega <>
  • Subject: Re: Viability of a P&R FTW
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 09:51:26 -0400

One method that might allow more flexibility would be to have the origin AS tag its NLRI with community values that indicate the extent to which their information can be shared. Default, no tags, would mean no sharing. There could be a handful of tags that specify among a discrete set of sharing options.

This would require a deliberate act to add the tags. There would need to be trust between members and regional networks, as regionals could insert the tags themselves, however the NLRI and its tags would be totally transparent, so anyone could see the tags.

ssw