ntacpeering - Re: NET+ traffic on R&E routes document

Subject: NTAC Peering Working Group

Re: NET+ traffic on R&E routes document

  • From: Ryan Harden <>
  • To: David Pokorney <>
  • Cc: Steven Wallace <>, David Farmer <>, "Michael H Lambert" <>, Linda Roos <>, "" <>, George Loftus <>
  • Subject: Re: NET+ traffic on R&E routes document
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 20:13:16 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

>> Regardless of how Net+ providers are connected, I suggest it’s not
>> correct, and potentially harmful, to depict TR-CPS as commodity
>> connectivity, unless that’s really how the service is managed now.

Throwing my +1 in here.

I don't pretend to understand fully what may or may not happen, but I'd hate
to see a situation where we lose TR-CPS due to the carriers' recent
sensitivity to an R&E network competing with their business model.

/Ryan

Ryan Harden
Senior Network Engineer
University of Chicago - AS160
P: 773-834-5441

On Nov 6, 2013, at 1:16 PM, David Pokorney