netsec-sig - [Security-WG] DDOS Mitigation

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] DDOS Mitigation

  • From: David Farmer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] DDOS Mitigation
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 13:27:52 -0500

Has anyone evaluated the effectiveness of Arbor TMS VS. Radware
DefensePro for DDOS mitigation, the actual cleaning of the traffic?
I'd be especially interested in experience regarding false positives,
dropping good traffic? The effectiveness of auto-mittigation, do you
have to tailor the mitigations to individual attacks, or does the
attack traffic get cleaned without much human intervention?

Anyone tested or using either product want to comment?

Radware has an out of line diversion model working now. We are
currently testing both products and planning to implement Peakflow for
flow analysis and DDOS detection, and are deciding between TMS and
DefensePro for 40G of mitigation, the cleaning of the traffic.

Has anyone evaluated other products for flow analysis and DDOS
detection or DDOS mitigation and traffic cleaning portions.

Thanks

David Farmer
Email:
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029 Cell: 612-812-9952