netsec-sig - [Security-WG] I love maps....

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

[Security-WG] I love maps....

  • From: Steven Wallace <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Security-WG] I love maps....
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:07:00 -0400

I realize this idea may be shot down instantly, but here goes…

I would like to create a map that depicts inter-domain DDoS mitigation
capabilities from transit provider, I2 network, RON, campus.

e.g., IU is able to signal -> I-LIght -> is able to signal L3 and I2 and its
-> members to drop destinations to a specified prefix

The map will include the location of campuses, pseudo topology of their
external connectivity, ditto for RONs, and their upstreams. different colored
arrows would point upstream indicated the signaling mechanisms and/or
services such as scrubbing.

reveal too much info?
useful map?

ssw