netsec-sig - Re: [Security-WG] thinking about arbor cloud ...

Subject: Internet2 Network Security SIG

Re: [Security-WG] thinking about arbor cloud ...

  • From: "Taylor, Scott J." <>
  • To: Steven Wallace <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Security-WG] thinking about arbor cloud ...
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:35:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

I wasn’t able to join the meeting but I know a couple of folks from my team
were and gave some good feedback. We had F5 in last Friday and was very
impressed with their offering. It sounds similar to this one and the really
interesting piece was how they priced it. They did on prem detection with
automated or manual swing to the cloud when a threshold was crossed. They
priced based on clean traffic coming out of the scrubbing center, number of
/24’s you wanted protected at any given time but allow you to change the
/24’s as needed. They also included some proxy WAF for key services. They
didn’t go into great detail about their secret sauce but they did mention
using other vendors equipment where they didn’t have the best of bread
equipment. They sounded interested in speaking with Internet2 about how they
might education this group on their solution. I also spoke with Radware last
week who voiced they would be willing to do the same. Both vendors took more
than an hour of my time, closer to two hours, to explain their story.

-Scott

On 15/10/29, 15:10,
"
on behalf of Steven Wallace"