ndt-users - Re: NDT on Ubuntu 8.04 or MacOS X 10.4

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT on Ubuntu 8.04 or MacOS X 10.4

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: whinery <>, "Akyol, Bora A" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: NDT on Ubuntu 8.04 or MacOS X 10.4
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:39:54 -0400

All;

On 6/2/10 1:30 PM, whinery wrote:

Hi Bora,

You're going to need to start with Linux, and use a web100-patched
kernel. You can do it under Ubuntu, certainly, but you would have to
compile a custom kernel. To the list: has anyone every packaged a
web100 kernel for install on Ubuntu (or Debian, or anything)?

Internet2 is working on making an RPM package of NDT available, but we are still a little bit out from making the betas of this available. Source build is still the only way to get going.

There is a Live-CD available which includes NDT already installed. I
believe it is at:
http://www.internet2.edu/performance/toolkit/index.html

Close (and thanks for the reminder to update our links :)):

http://psps.perfsonar.net/toolkit/

-jason

Alan

Akyol, Bora A wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am a new subscriber to the list.
I would like to ask whether there is an ubuntu package for NDT/Web100.
Also has anyone gotten NDT server to run on MacOS X 10.4.

If neither one of these is good, what should I use as a starting base
to install NDT on.

Thanks

Bora