ndt-users - Re: Warning for those using tool off of measurementlab.net website

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Warning for those using tool off of measurementlab.net website

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To: "Casarez, Rick" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Warning for those using tool off of measurementlab.net website
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 17:41:31 -0400

Hey Rick;

If you are able to reproduce that would be great. I will start a separate thread with MLab operations so we can pursue this further and CC you.

Thanks;

-jason

On 6/1/10 4:20 PM, Casarez, Rick wrote:
Jason,

When we traced to the CA server we did not trace to the URL. We actually
took the IP address displayed when the test was run. For this particular
test it did not go to 38.106.70.173 but actually went to 64.9.225.154.
We noticed this since our delay times were over 100ms.

We have not been able to reliably replicate this issue. I seem to always
hit the NY server but my co-worker sometimes hits the CA one. In each
case at the top of the web site it does state that the server is located
in New York. Even if it goes to the CA one.

Cheers,
Rick Casarez
Sr. IP Network Engineer
571.262.8709