ndt-users - Re: Duplex mismatches not being reported?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Duplex mismatches not being reported?

  • From: Matt Wilson <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Duplex mismatches not being reported?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:31:47 -0600

At 11:44 AM -0500 11/4/05, Richard Carlson wrote:
Hi Matt;

Welllll it kind of reports it "Excessive packet loss is impacting your performance, check the auto-negotiate function on your local PC and network switch" and the asymmetric throughput is another clue, but yes the mismatch detection algorithm failed in this case.

Hi Rich-

Thanks for the quick reply and detailed explanation. I missed the end of the "Excessive packet loss..." line when I read the details. (oops)

It would be nice if the tool didn't report the "Information: Other network traffic is congesting the link" and "Link set to Full Duplex mode" statements. It sounds like you are actively working on this, so I'll put on my "patience" hat. :)

Lastly, I'm trying to keep the false positive rate as low as possible. I'm of the option that its better to fail to detect the condition than it is to falsely report it (and have techs running around trying to find a non-existent problem).

I certainly appreciate that concern.

Hopefully I can get a better detection algorithm out by the end of the year. Keep your fingers crossed.

:) Will do.

Thanks-
Matt