ndt-users - Re: Duplex mismatches not being reported?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Duplex mismatches not being reported?

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Matt Wilson <>,
  • Subject: Re: Duplex mismatches not being reported?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:02:08 -0500

Oops,

One quick correction. The NDT server has 2 different mismatch detection heuristics. The original heuristic is listed below. I changed to a newer version some time ago. It uses
packets arrive out of order more than 20% of the time (35.58% here)
ack packet rate skewed from normal 50% (64% here)
more than 70% or less than 35%
(unfortunately, this is very OS specific)
asymmetric speed between inbound and outbound tests (factor of 60 here)

So the detection failed because the ack packet rate didn't skew far enough. You can enable the old detection heuristic by running the web100srv process with the "-o" flag.

Rich