ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] Allowing protocol changes without losing backward compatibility

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] Allowing protocol changes without losing backward compatibility

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Sebastian Kostuch <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] Allowing protocol changes without losing backward compatibility
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 16:44:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hey Sebastian,

I agree that it should work in a backwards compatible fashion if possible so if used on an old server, the client gracefully degrades. My general preference on the protocol changes would be to minimize changes in the short term, and look into something less constricting than the current protocol in the medium to long term.

Cheers,
Aaron