megaconference - [Megacon] I just Bricked my Tandberg C-40

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] I just Bricked my Tandberg C-40

  • From: "Leonard, Mark" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] I just Bricked my Tandberg C-40
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 21:08:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

The subject line sounds a bit like a movie title…

Hello Megalisters--

I just did what seemed like a perfect version update of my couple year old Cisco C-40 to TC 6.0.1v … The codec did a re-boot… it informed me that the camera was getting updated…

But now it is asking for a 'valid key' (which I have) BUT the codec will not allow me access to the admin settings to enter any keys via the remote control -AND- I can no longer access the codec via HTTPS… Bricked-– (it does seem that the static IP that it had before the update is still in the codec)

I am working with my Cisco service provider but thought I would post my dilemma to the list as well…

Thanks for looking at this-
~Mark

Mark Leonard
Media & Collaboration, UNH IT