megaconference - [Megacon] Link to recording of last week's Ethnographic Videoconference

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Link to recording of last week's Ethnographic Videoconference

  • From: Eric Miller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Link to recording of last week's Ethnographic Videoconference
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 23:56:53 +0530

Dear Megaconference People,

Hello!

The recording of this past Friday's mutual Ethnographic
Videoconference -- between high school students in
Chennai (Tamil Nadu, south India), and Burlington
(Wisconsin, USA) -- is at
http://youtu.be/Uyt7AgSYucY .

My notes about it all are at
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/36.htm .

Ethnographic Videoconferences (a term I have coined
it seems) are videoconferences dedicated to researching
and presenting material about cultures.

An Ethnographic Videoconference is a public event if
the videoconference is webcast publicly, and/or if the
recording of the videoconference is accessible on
Youtube or such -- both of which are the case
regarding this event.

Many thanks to Reliance Communications for
so kindly providing a videoconference facility in
Chennai for this videoconferencefor webcasting
the videoconference, and for recording the webcast
and making the recording available to us!

***

Just for general interest:

A couple of weeks ago, I gave the Inaugural Address at
the annual meeting of the Kanyakumari Academy of Arts
and Sciences. Kanyakumari is the southernmost district
of the southernmost state (Tamil Nadu) of India.

The theme of the meeting was, "Multi-discipline Research",
so I titled my address, "The Value of the Multi-Discipline
Approach to Research". This address, in written form, is at
http://www.storytellinginstitute.org/28.pdf .

It might be good if people on this list might more often post
links to their writings (especially about videoconferencing).

Best regards,

- Eric
Chennai
www.storytellingandvideoconferencing.com
www.storytellinginstitute.org

  • [Megacon] Link to recording of last week's Ethnographic Videoconference, Eric Miller, 10/08/2013