megaconference - Re: [Megacon] RE: My Retirement

Subject: Megaconference

Re: [Megacon] RE: My Retirement

  • From: "Amiot, Lawrence W." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Megacon] RE: My Retirement
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:36:44 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi Bob. I am not sure what retirement means, but good luck in yours.

I remember back when the Internet2 Digital Video Working Group was first
being formed. I was chairing one of our first meetings and looking for good
ideas that we could work on. Some old coot with a white beard was sitting in
the audience, and he came up with the preposterous idea that we could have a
large video conference with university sites from all over the country
joining in and making presentations. I though it was the most unrealistic
idea we could have come up with. Well here we are ? years latter having sites
from all over the world and from outer space too joining in. Congratulations
on your accomplishments.....Larry