megaconference - [Megacon] Latest blog post: "This is EXACTLY why the videoconferencing service is a MONGREL "

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Latest blog post: "This is EXACTLY why the videoconferencing service is a MONGREL "

  • From: Theo Economides <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Megacon] Latest blog post: "This is EXACTLY why the videoconferencing service is a MONGREL "
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:37:43 -0500

Howdy all, I've just published a blog entry. I'd love for you all to give it a read.

Here's a bit from it:

"Because it is equal parts I.T., A/V, business communications, conference services, continuing education, and collaborative technology, running the videoconferencing organism (all of the associated equipment – infrastructure and endpoints – PLUS the organizational structure which operates and maintains it) does not fit nicely into common business management models, structures, or practices.

It tends to be managed like a red-headed stepchild.  It should be managed more like a Disney World Experience."

http://wp.me/p2fC5G-2G

-----
Theo Economides, Lecturer & Consultant
Telepresence Experience Evangelist
Greenline Emeritus Consulting

29 S LaSalle St., Ste 333, Chicago, IL 60603; 312.436.1883

www.GreenlineEmeritus.com

  • [Megacon] Latest blog post: "This is EXACTLY why the videoconferencing service is a MONGREL ", Theo Economides, 06/14/2012