megaconference - [Megacon] Digital Video Switching

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Digital Video Switching

  • From: "Leonard, Mark" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Digital Video Switching
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:59:11 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Yes Hello--

I help run a videoconferencing facility here at UNH and I need to replace an aging Newtek VT-5 video switcher. The switcher has worked quite well over the years-- giving us a preview monitor, nice fades and cuts, titling, chroma keying…

I know that most VC classrooms video switching is done through the creston/extron interface (or even the VC codec itself) but I would rather not give up the 'studio production' quality that we have been able to do in the past. Newtek since has dropped the VT line and moved forward with the Tricaster series which would be perfect but is way outside by replacement budget.

Has anyone had experience using a box like this for videoconferencing? Or something similar?

Thanks for looking at this and for all the help I have received from this list over the years…
Cheers-
~Mark

Mark Leonard
DL Studios, UNH