mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] PAOS binding
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:29:22 -0500

On 12/1/10 7:42 PM, Tom Scavo wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Brent Putman
> <>
> wrote:
>>
>> One thing to note is that PAOS is not part of the SAML spec, it's part
>> of the Liberty suite of specs.
>
> Hmm, PAOS *is* a SAML V2.0 binding so I must be missing something...

True, yes there is a PAOS binding specified in SAML 2. However, it's
really just an "extension" of the Liberty PAOS binding, and just scopes
down some details and variability allowed by the parent Liberty one.
Most or all the really important info defining the binding is in the
Liberty spec. And in particular, all the XML schema is defined in the
Liberty spec and defined in a Liberty namespace, which is really what my
comment was about.