mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Reconstructing Signature Object during HTTP Redirect Binding

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Reconstructing Signature Object during HTTP Redirect Binding

  • From: rangeli nepal <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Reconstructing Signature Object during HTTP Redirect Binding
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:54:42 -0400

Thank you Brent.

>> I have a system where I can receive AuthnRequest on Http Redirect
>> Binding and use SAML2HTTPRedirectDeflateSignatureRule to validate the
>> signatre blob.
>

> So you're talking about the simple raw/blob signature over the protocol
> message here, right?  Per that binding, the AuthnRequest can't have an
> XML signature, so I'll assume that's what you are talking about.

==You are right. I am talking about AuthnRequest sent using Http
Redirect Binding. I was under the impression that
in this binding which is sent as combination of
SAMLRequest=value&RelayState=value&SigAlg=value&Signature,
Signature is basically a XML Signature not just Signature Blob ( I
mean not like PKCS7). I was thinking it is kind of detached XML
signature. Looks like my assumption was in correct.

Thank you.
rn