mace-opensaml-users - RE: Web Service engines implementing openSaml 2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Web Service engines implementing openSaml 2.0

  • From: Ramkishore Pasupunoori <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: Web Service engines implementing openSaml 2.0
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:01:51 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Title: Welcome to the list

Hi,

                I’m using Jboss WS engine with openSaml 2.0 implementation jars but I’m running into some issues with JBoss dom api.

When I try to validate SAML 2 assertion, saml api calls UnmarshallerFactory which in turn calls Jboss dom api and its throwing NotImplementedException.
I know this is the issue with Jboss and sorry for posting in this forum. Just I was wondering whether there are any alternative java based open source web service
engines which would support saml2 assertions so that I can port my webservices to that server.
I explored
1)      Apache Rampart but does not have support for saml 2.0
2)      Apache CXF has partial support for saml
3)      Metro : its tightly coupled with sun’s own saml implementation.

Pls can anyone suggest me if there are any other alternatives.

Thanks,

Ram