mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3.

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3.

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3.
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:40:11 +0200

No, I knew about what Java supported (and there is a maddening combinations of bugs from Sun's JDK and Xerces/Xalan that makes this not work except for in the latest and greatest releases of everything). I just wondered if Glassfish documented the whole process for setting the various factory implementations.

Joakim Recht wrote:
Chad La Joie wrote:
Yeah, every container does something different.

Joakim, does Glassfish document this mechanism (which honestly at first glance I think I'd prefer over the standard endorse mechanism) somewhere?

The thing about editing domain.xml? I haven't seen anything which explicitly refers to the xml parser.

However, the other mechanisms for choosing parsers are documented in the java api: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory.html#newInstance()

Just be aware that in order to use the services api properly, you must use 1.5.0_14+, if I remember correctly. Earlier versions had some kind of bug which prevented it from finding the services file.

Regards,

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities