mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?

  • From: Jeff Brewer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 17:19:14 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

We're about to find out with a custom patched xml tooling library. And if it
passes unit tests would you consider committing a patch to xml tooling to
suppress the message for JDK 6?

Jeff

On 5/5/09 5:14 PM, "Scott Cantor"

> Jeff Brewer wrote on 2009-05-05:
>> I know there were bad bugs in the JDK 5 built-in XML parser which forces
> use
>> of the endorsed Apache XML libraries when using OpenSAML. However, I was
>> wondering if the JDK 6 XML parsers were new-enough and bug-free enough
> that
>> the xmltooling check for com.sun xml parsers could be relaxed to not
>> complain if JDK 6 were detected. This would simplify deployment on
> Glassfish
>> where we are having trouble getting endorsed libs to work correctly.
>
> Don't think anybody knows, so I guess it's up to somebody who cares enough
> to find out.
>
> -- Scott

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the
individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. The message
and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure
or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
information, is strictly prohibited.