mace-opensaml-users - Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?

  • From: Jeff Brewer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:58:19 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Title: Sun JDK 6 built-in xml parser better?
I know there were bad bugs in the JDK 5 built-in XML parser which forces use of the endorsed Apache XML libraries when using OpenSAML. However, I was wondering if the JDK 6 XML parsers were new-enough and bug-free enough that the xmltooling check for com.sun xml parsers could be relaxed to not complain if JDK 6 were detected. This would simplify deployment on Glassfish where we are having trouble getting endorsed libs to work correctly.

Jeff Brewer
PayCycle, Inc.

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. The message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.